Development and Communications Associate
For almost 30 years, Families First (www.families-first.org) has strengthened vulnerable families by providing high-quality parenting education and support programs. The Development and Communications Associate will broaden the visibility of Families First’s programs and will ensure consistent organizational messaging. This position will oversee Families First’s signature breakfast event. This is a full-time non-exempt position that will report to the Director of Development.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure organizational consistency in all communications
- Create and implement initiatives to increase visibility and brand awareness
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including, but not limited to, newsletters, appeals, website, and social media
- Manage and create new stories for proposals, collateral, appeals, and other presentations
- Generate online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Identify significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support Families First’s work
- Manage all media contacts
- Field media inquiries about Families First
- Plan and execute the Families First Breakfast from initial concept to post-event analysis
- Responsible for setting and achieving fundraising goals for Families First Breakfast with Director of Development
- Work closely with volunteer leaders and event committee, managing weekly communications and meetings
- Using donor database, lead donor research, and donor information management
- Conduct gift entry and acknowledgement processes
- Oversee quality control
The Development and Communications Associate must have a Bachelor’s degree and one to five years’ professional or intern experience in administration, development, grant writing, and/or communications. Strong written communication skills and attention to detail are required, and the candidate should provide a writing sample.
A working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, and knowledge of at least one fundraising database system is preferred. Experience with eTapestry and Canva is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a strong written and verbal communicator, with a high aptitude for interpersonal relations, excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, flexibility, and the ability to learn quickly. They will be self-motivated, a highly organized multi-tasker, and able to work well as part of a team.Families First is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work.