Interested in joining our corps of fantastic parenting educators? We are looking for dynamic, seasoned per diem/part-time facilitators who have daytime and evening availability. Families First facilitators are skilled at leading strength-based, interactive workshops with adult learners from a wide range of backgrounds, and ideally have previous experience leading parenting workshops. (See our website at https://www.families-first.org)
Facilitators must possess a background in Child Development, Psychology, Family Studies, Education, or a related field, and be comfortable talking to others about parenting strategies. Each workshop series is composed of 12 (usually weekly) sessions, which may be held during day or evening hours. Content, including facilitator guides, handouts, and PowerPoints, are prepared and developed by Families First.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead our interactive Power of Parenting workshop series with a diverse group of parents. Topics are early childhood focused (ages 0-8) and include positive discipline, communication, physical and emotional development, and more.
- Work in a variety of settings, including transitional housing programs, schools, early learning centers, and community health centers.
- Travel to a range of communities in and around the greater Boston community.
- Attend 6 annual team meetings/trainings at Families First, held on Saturday mornings.
- Initiate contact with assigned sites prior to workshops, manage attendance, administer evaluation forms, and maintain contact with Families First staff during series.
- 4+ years’ experience facilitating interactive and engaging workshops for adult learners. Bachelor’s degree in Family Studies, Child Development, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
- 4+ years’ experience working with children and/or children and families.
- The ability to work during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00/9:00 am – 4:00/5:00 pm) as well as Monday-Thursday evenings.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus, but not required!