Bilingual Parenting Educator
We are looking for a seasoned per diem/part-time bilingual Spanish facilitator who has daytime availability. Families First facilitators are skilled at leading interactive workshops with adult learners from a wide range of backgrounds, and have previous experience leading parenting workshops.
Facilitators must possess a background in Child Development, Psychology, Family Studies, Education, or a related field, and be comfortable talking to others about parenting strategies. Each workshop series has between 4 and 12 sessions, which are held during day, evening, and weekend hours. Content, including facilitator guides, handouts, and slide shows, are prepared and developed by Families First.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead interactive workshops with a diverse group of parents on a variety of topics, including but not limited to, early childhood, positive discipline, and parenting in the digital age
- Work in a variety of settings, including transitional housing programs, schools, after school programs, and early learning centers
- Travel to a range of communities in and around the Greater Boston community
- Attend bimonthly team meetings and trainings at Families First, held both during day and evening hours
- Initiate contact with assigned sites prior to workshops, manage attendance, administer evaluation forms, and maintain contact with Families First during series
- 4+ years’ experience facilitating interactive and engaging workshops for adult learners. Bachelor’s degree in Family Studies, Child Development, Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
- 4+ years’ experience working with children and/or children and families.
- The ability to travel a minimum of 12-15 miles outside of the Boston area.
- The ability to work during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00/9:00 am – 4:00/5:00 pm) as well as evenings.
- Spanish bilingual.